OwnOutDoors – a marketplace built on Sharetribe
OwnOutDoors.com is a marketplace built on Sharetribe. The idea of the project came from young enterpreneurs. Who started to provide their kayak and snorkeling tours, fishing charters, and others. Choosing web applications, they always faced some issues to get the business started quickly. It takes costs and time to build a website, design, search engine optimization (SEO), and maintenance problems, choose the right booking system, accepting credit card payments online securely, and others.
When they come to the Sharetribe marketplace, they found that it will be the right solution to achieve good results.
Ongoing development is already for two years. We’ve done may more substantial, or smaller tweaks, the worth to mention are:
– creating a map view on the same page as listings (Sharetribe go by default hasn’t such view, Sharetribe flex now has),
– changes for Stripe, i.e., payments should be released immediately, refundable deposit,
– uploading locations via a CSV file,
– availability calendar changes: hourly feature, dates availability, manage different availabilities, minimum duration,
– script allowing sellers to use OwnOutDoor functionality on their websites, making bookings,
– implemented Membership fee & affiliate programme,
– and many other features.
Other great projects built on Sharetribe
We have great expertise in marketplaces development. We use both Sharetribe versions: Sharetribe GO and Sharetribe FLEX. Sharetribe GO or its OpenSource version allows you to create a marketplace that has almost all basic marketplace features: let your users create profiles, list their offering, interact with each other, and make online payments. Sharetribe FLEX as it is more scalable and has modern design and usability. We love the idea behind this new app that marketplace owners can even create standalone applications.